Janssen, Merrick, and Landen are doing a six week Pinterest challenge as part of their Sisters Share It All series. Each week they'll be choosing something from their Pinterest boards and wearing/cooking/making/trying it out, then posting about it on their blogs. They've invited everyone to join in the fun, and I figured, why not?
Here are the six things I've chosen from my boards.
1) Coconut oil deodorant: I'm already using coconut oil as body lotion. (It's the only thing I've found that keeps the weird pregnancy-related itching at bay.) And I've been wanting to try a more natural way to deal with the dampness and, uh, scent of my armpits. So I'll give this homemade stuff a go.
2) A half-square triangle quilt: Maybe this is cheating a little, since I already planned to do it anyway and have the fabric mostly cut out. Still, this challenge may give me the push I need to crank it out sooner rather than later.
3) A colorful, springy, girly outfit: There's only so much sartorial experimentation I can do whilst hugely pregnant, but I'd like to try something new and different for me. I already have a dress in that shade of fuschia, so I'm going to try to pair it with something other than black or grey.
4) Homemade naan: David LOVES flatbreads, especially the garlic naan we get at our favorite Indian place. It's about time I figured out how to make it at home.
5) Pom pom trim on curtains: I saw this on Chris Loves Julia a while ago and loved it! It is exactly what I want to do in Mila's bedroom. I'm hoping to get her room put together before the baby comes (ambitious much?) so I guess I need to start shopping for the right pom poms.
6) Music lyrics wall art: This is something I've been wanting to make for a looooong time; I've just never gotten around to it. Here's my chance!
I'd like to point out that it would have been really easy to choose six cakes from my 30 Cakes board and just do those, since I might do that anyway. But I didn't. I'm actually challenging myself to do something I wouldn't have otherwise. Be proud of me.
Head over to the link party and see what everyone else will be up to over the next six weeks!